Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

1990 cd250u problem

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by julioqld, Jul 25, 2011.

1. hey guys

I've been riding for years but have never bothered learning about the engine, which I regret and think I'm an idiot :nopity: lol. anyway im having a problem with my cd250u.

When i first get going and fully release the clutch the engine struggles for a second and makes this weird gargle noise, almost as if it was about to stall. theres also a ticking noise coming for the top of the engine, (more on the left side) and it gets louder as I increase the throttle. the bike used to be very quiet but now its loud. any ideas whats going on? any help will be appreciated.
  2. It's a parallel twin for starters so it could be a valve on the left side that's ticking..
    You may have to get the cylinders pressure tested to ensure there is adequate compression on both sides.
    Also check the throttle cable it may need lubing.
    Check the baffles, my baffles used to rattle like crazy and I thought it was a loose camchain.
    Carbies may need to be cleaned you may have dirty fuel.
    That's just for starters I'm sure others will help out.
  3. alrighty ill start with those, cheers for the advice:beer: