Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

198kmph In 80km zone; Brooker Highway, Tasmania.

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by Doomsday_Streetboarding, Jan 20, 2006.

1. G'day People,

In yesterday's newspaper it was reported that a motorbike rider had been clocked at 198kmph in an 80km zone on the Brooker Highway.

They included the speed-camera photo and it was taken at 6:30pm Saturday night and the dude had no numberplate!

They are asking people that know anything about it to "dob him in". Was just wondering what everyones opinions are about this and if you knew about it - Would you tell the cops?

2. In a second, no worries. turd doesn't deserve anyone's protection.

That's not the place to do that speed, any time of day.

Darwins theory will catch up with him, sadly someone else will probably be taken out at the same time.

JJ

3. l think he is an idolt and should be walking

4. What do I think?

Was very smart of the guy not to have plates on :cool: :LOL:
    & if I knew about it, no, I wouldnt tell the pigs.

5. Cool. It's just interesting to hear different peoples opinions.

6. :grin: :grin:

Bit silly of him tho. If there was a speed camera then there was
    decent traffic on the roads at that time of day.

He didnt have his plates on so mustve been premeditated

7. :eek: :shock:
    Not another thread about speeding bikers
    ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) [-(

8. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Yet another one :p

Something about speed bro.. everyone likes talking about it
    for one reason or another!

9. I wouldn't dob him in. That's all i think on the matter.

10. 1/2 an hour & he'd reach the other side of the island & end
    up in the ocean :LOL:

11. +1 :cool:

12. Only a prick would dob in a mate

13. someone who rides like that when the police are in the middle of a crackdown is no mate of mine. these people are what give the politicians the reasons to curb our freedoms with more monitoring, front rego, extra fees on our rego.

so ask yourself, are they really a mate?

14. I don't know the guy... I just read it in the newspaper and thought I'd post up a thread in the "Safety" section of this message board.

So you people whinging about another speeding thread - What the fcuk?

Safety forum... Speeding is one of the biggest issues. Of course it's going to be discussed. Enough said.

But yeah, I dunno I wouldn't dob in a mate... But then again none of my mates would do this sort of shit on that stretch of road.

15. What a load of crap.

1. A MATE would help him understand that he's a tool doin that speed on that road with the traffic that road has.

2. If the MATE then refused to see sense, for his sake and for thesake of innocents... BLODY OATH I'd dob him in.

3. No-one who, like you say, probably pre-meditated the act, deserves any protection, esp the lives he put at risk.

There's a bloody racetrack 20 minutes from there that can be hired for "private practise" for $50 FFS, there is no need to do that on the road.

Sheez. no wonder bike riders get bad press.

16. Is that Baskerville? I live in Old Beach, pretty close to that.

17. 10 minutes at his speed.

Where is there a bit of road straight enought to get up that speed over there, anyway?

18. Yup Basketville.

and word is the gumnt is going to spend some money improving the track for bikes, as MA won't let any sanctioned races happen there ATM.

Private practise is OK (just phone the caretaker to see if it's not in use first)
    and Stay Upright courses are OK, as they have their own insurance.

19. More like 5 :shock:

You'd be surprised :wink: If you use an ounce of common sense there are many places to get up speed, all a lot bloody safer than the brooker.

Anyway, straight lines are boring, you ride a bike to go round corners don't you?

JJ

20. I think we all agree a number of speed limits are stupid and some are simply traps set up for the purpose of collecting toll. Having said that, doing twice the speed limit in 80km/h zone smacks of complete stupidity and anti-social tendencies. I don't know this particular road so I won't pass the judgement, but I think I'd be inclined to dob. As mentioned, it is people like him that provide ammunition for more and more restrictions. And if you want to kill yourself, fine - jump off the bridge or something, but don't take others with you...