Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

1989 Hoda 250 Spada

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by H-Bug, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Hey,

Long time reader first time poster (rainy day so i was bored enough to register)

Any way

I just wrote off a 150cc ET4 Vespa, which was my first bike (if you would call it that). I loved it and was happy my parents didnt buy me a 50cc so i was pretty happy after 4 months i hit the bak of a ute in traffic down a hill at 65k' because i was to busy looking at a z750 with a sweet micron drive past.

Point of the story i got 2,500 from insurance and there is a 3,000 honda spada at the dealer down the road and i went and rode it and love it. But will it fall apart cu its 19 years old?? and is it worth 3000 (on roads inc.)?

2. Many happy spada owners, either currently or in the past. A search might bring up some more concrete stuff, but I'm sure people will drop their 2c in :grin:

I would just recommend giving it a good checkup, wear and tear is normal of course.
  3. It only has to last for a year anyway, then you can buy something bigger....
  4. Yeh, i have been reading up of all the stuff i should check on im going back monday to try to do an amature check to see if it will last.

Only needs to last till september then i get a free er6-n until i can save for a full size. :D:D:D
  5. if it works and has rego, bit of warranty, $3000 is a pretty good deal
  6. If there are any spada riders id love to hear from you.

does any1 know where i can get flaws that are regular in bike. bike specific websites or ???????

help a newb out :D
  7. They're a great bike, I'll be sorry to part with mine eventually.

I dont know of any flaws. They've got a harmless top end rattle is about the only thing that I've found.
  8. too many variables. i've seen spada's that are certainly NOT worth the amount the seller is trying to sell it for.

do your homework. spada's are great if you get one that's been looked after.

i'm one of the happy spada owners of the past. :)
  9. Been riding mine for the past 13 months with nothing bad to say about it, although when stuck in heavy traffic it tends to overheat to the point where I've got to get her moving. Lucky it's a small enough bike to split/filter through. Really enjoying commuting and going for the occasional ride on my days off. Having a ball. When I'm off restrictions at the beginning of July, I'll be passing it off to the missus and still be using it as my main commuter.

I know this doesn't help you much in what to look for H-Bug. Unless you find something cheaper to keep you going for the next 6 months, till your next bike, I'd say go for it.
  10. Thanks guys

i am going back tomoz and if all goes to plan hopefully i will be one of thoser happy spada owners
  11. Hey Mate,
    I have a Spada and love it. I havn't had it for long but from the research i did before buying her, they are a reliable bike. I've been riding a few time a week and so far no problems at all, handles really well and is great fun (the only other bike ive ridden is a cb250 so can't compare to much)...but i'd say go for it!