Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

1987 Suzuki LS 650 Savage Cruiser

Discussion in 'Cruisers' started by Gary, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Hello

I'm reluctantly selling my 1987 Suzuki LS 650 Savage Cruiser but I have know idea what it's worth (I didn't pay cash for it). The insurance company have it at $3800 in their market value reference. I was thinking I'd ask $3500 and see what the response is like.

Is that a fair price for this bike?

2. Have any pics of the bike so we can see the condition?

any rego on it?
    how many kms?

just some toher factors that will help the sale price
  3. A few months rego and about 72k on the clock.

I can't post any pics yet as I need to participate a bit more before I can post a URL to the forum.

4. Here's what Redbook have to say.
    You have a nice lump of 650 single there. Is it on the LAMS list?
  5. Redbook...that's the one. Thanks, I just couldn't remember what it was called. :)

"National average price - private sale* - $1,500 - $1,800"

Darn, I wonder where the insurance company gets its pricing from.

Yes, it's LAMS approved.

6. Personally I wouldn't pay to much attention to Red Book pricing.

You'll find dealers refer to Red Book pricing when it suits them (ie, when they're looking to steal your trade in) however it becomes a moot point when you point out that according to the Red Book, their bike is worth several thousands less.

In brief: Your bike is worth what someone wants to pay for it.

(Good luck with the sale, it's a nice looking bike)
  7. I think $3500 is a good starting price!
  8. Unless you were buying :)

Agree its a nice looking bike and a bit rare that could appeal to someone.

OP If you can show a buyer its above average you'll do ok.
  9. Remember redbook goes off the stated price you declare for stamp duty purposes when you hand your paper work in for change over of registration and we all know most people try and put down as little as possible. This is from what I have heard so it might not be true... :?
  10. Thanks for the advice folks.

11. mate its a nice bike.

Give it a go at $3500.00

its worth the shot.
  12. From Here

Q. How does RedBook arrive at the vehicle prices it quotes?
    A. RedBook's price guides are derived from extensive research which encompasses obtaining details of sales through auction houses and motor dealers all around Australia, from vehicle manufacturers, from monitoring the classified advertising in every major publication in Australia and from actual field research. This vast volume of data is reviewed by RedBook's expert pricing panel and adjustments made. Each month RedBook changes around 30,000 prices in its database of over 50,000 vehicles.