Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

1985 Kawasaki KZ250-W3 Kickstand?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by ghost05, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Hi guys, new member here, i only just received my first bike from a mate to be put back together. Apparently all the parts are there, just needs to be put together.....

All is going great apart from the kickstand. My clutch cable runs down from the handlebar lever to a splitter with one cable going to the clutch release and the other cable going to the kickstand.

My friend told me it was for when you have the stand down and pull the clutch lever the stand comes up(in case you go to put it in gear with the stand down).
    I cant find any information on this "automatic kickstand" and was wondering if any of you guys have seen these and would be able to point me in the direction of putting it back together. i don't know if i am missing parts or not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hope this is in the right section
  2. I dont know about kawacycles but I've not heard of this "function" before.
  3. :shock:
    Haven't heard of any bike with THAT feature before :? ... to be honest, I think it would be more a hinderance. But that's only my humble opinion.
  4. yeah i am hoping someone has heard of something like this before, would be good to put it together. Could be a good feature.
  5. My K100 had something similar. It never really worked properly as the stand was old and stiff and wouldn't flip up on cue. What it did was remind you to do it manually because the clutch felt funny.

I rarely use sidestands anyway :grin: .

Can't really help with putting it together though as the Kwak variety may have a different system of cams and levers. Best I can do is recommend that you track down someone with an intact bike and have a squiz underneath. Hint; take a torch, a sketchbook and a mirror.

Alternatively, you could just ditch the whole thing and rely on habit to deal with your sidestand. Be aware that this would be disabling a useful safety device so it would be at your own risk.