Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

1980 cb 900 spencer

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by ninja1, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Been a while since Ive had time to get back to the beast, but my new years resolution is to spend more time on it.

Attached Files:

2. please explain :?
  3. I started a full rebuild of a honda cb 900 1980 model about 18 months ago. My plan is to replicate the superbike ridden by american racer Freddie spencer. As this is not my daily ride I have ample time to build the bike to a high standard, but with work,kids and house stuff it has been hard to find time to spend on it.
    Hope to have it ridable by the years end!
  4. Aha, makes sense. (no need to explain about Freddie; I was following racing when he was riding the very bike you describe, (and winning the 250cc and 500cc championships in the same year!).

Best of luck with the project, post up some updates like oosahm and maduncle and otherrs are doing.
  5. FFS is my hero. I look forward to seeing the progress of this build.
  6. For goodness sake post better updates than Maduncle does!
  7. [​IMG]
  8. I have fitted off a new wiring harness and will now have to reconfigure the wiring to suit newer switchblocks etc. This will be a time consuming exercise. Im not really up to it yet but im keen to put some paint on it, this may be the next step.

Attached Files:

9. I was wondering where you went! Good to see ya back!
  10. Yes I have been very slack, but I often read yours and other threads for a bit of motivation. I have been playing with my daily ride more latley and have been left fresh out of time for the old beast! Anyway I did manage to knock up and install a oil breather tank. Check it out.

Attached Files:

11. Nice work I wish I could.weld.that well!