Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

1979 Moto Guzzi- V50 500cc, LAMS

Discussion in 'Archived' at netrider.net.au started by donkey-shlong, Mar 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 donkey-shlong, Mar 11, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
    advertising this on behalf of the old man:

1979 V50 Mark II, 500cc

I have owned my V50 Mark II for 25 years and always garaged, but the time has come to tour on something bigger. With a dry weight of 152kg and a low center of gravity it handles nicely.
    The full Staintune system sounds sensational and would cost $2,000 if bought now. The bike has done 62,300km, Rego till late May 2013 and comes with a RWC.
    Recent work done includes; new tyres (Michelin pilots), new battery, carbies overhauled and balanced, reconditioned starter motor, new indicators and mirrors, new gas dampers in front forks, new fork seals, new rear shocks, new rear wheel bearings, all brake discs machined, all oils changed, all brake calipers and master cylinders overhauled, Re-chroming of some parts.
    I have yet to have a problem getting spares or knowledgeable mechanics.
    Other work carried out in the past, re-sprayed in 2-pack, seat recovered, new forks, diff reco.
    It comes with some spares, fairing, manual, and most likely an investment
    First to ‘hear’ will buy
    call or txt on 0402498043, $7,500 neg
    pm me for additional photos

DSC_0288.JPG DSC_0299.JPG DSC_0309.JPG

Attached Files:

2. oooh. likey.

3. Must ... put ... down ... credit ... card. Jesus that's nice. Two bikes is enough though.

4. Love it....

5. Bugger, there's just no room...

6. Top alternative to a GS500 Suzy...Same power, lighter and possibly better handling and definately better resale value,

Kobo :cool:

7. Not to mention shaft drive. I've owned chain driven bikes all my life and having owned just the one shaftie, I'd never look back for commuting or touring purposes.

8. Shaft is a def. bonus as is the centrestand. I can remedy the c'stand(which I am) on my 1300 but not the shaft with which it would be the perfect bike, IMO....

Kobo :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.