Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

1979 CB650 - Who has one??

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by jjd583, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Hi All,

I have just got a CB650. It is a 1979 in perfect original condition. As far as I can tell these are super rare in Australia and a bit sought after. Can anyone confirm this or if you have one, let me know what you think, how you got it and any advice on the value of it.

Cheers !!!
  2. Post a pic so we can see this beast!!
  3. Ill have one tommorrow... will post as soon as possible!!
  4. Not to rain on your parade, but I think you're right in that they're reasonably rare here, but I'd interpret that as them being not all that popular. A different motor to the concurrent DOHC 750, which itself was not overly powerful. I have a bit of a soft-spot (well, weakness really) for the late 70's early 80's hondas, but I'd have to say that one of these is not on my radar. A bit of an apparition with no distinguishing history to make them particularly collectible.

Having said that of course, any older bike in perfect original condition is a good find. Does it have a compliance plate? How much was it?

5. I think it was a jumped up CB500 with vertical SOHC motor and custom / cruiser styling.
  6. This site appears to have a good deal of information: