Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

1977 vs 2007

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humour' started by TarmacSamurai, Feb 19, 2008.

1. School 1977 vs. School 2007
    Many a true word is spoken in jest but.......

Scenario: Johnny and Mark get into a fistfight after school.

1977 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up mates.

2007 - Police are called, Armed Response Unit arrives and arrests Johnny and Mark. Mobiles with video of fight confiscated as evidence. They are charged with assault, ASBOs are taken out and both are suspended even though Johnny started it. Diversionary conferences and parent meetings conducted. Video shown on 6 internet sites.

Scenario: Jeffrey won't sit still in class, disrupts other students.

1977 - Jeffrey is sent to the principal's office and given 6 of the best. Returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.

2007 - Jeffrey is given huge doses of Ritalin. Counselled to death. Becomes a zombie. Tested for ADD. School gets extra funding because Jeffrey has a disability. Drops out of school.

Scenario: Billy breaks a window in his neighbour's car and his Dad gives him the slipper.

1977 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.

2007 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy is removed to foster care and joins a gang. Psychologist tells Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself and their dad goes to prison. Billy's mum has an affair with the psychologist. Psychologist gets a promotion.

Scenario: Mark, a college student, brings cigarettes to school .

1977 - Mark shares a smoke with the school principal out on the smoking area.

2007 - Police are called and Mark is expelled from School for drug possession. His car is searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario: Mohammed fails high school English.

1977 - Mohammed retakes his exam, passes and goes to college.

2007 - Mohammed's cause is taken up by local human rights group. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that making English a requirement for graduation is racist. Civil Liberties Association files class action lawsuit against state school system and his English teacher. English is banned from core curriculum. Mohammed is given his qualification anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he cannot speak English.

Scenario: Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers, puts them in a model plane paint bottle and blows up an anthill.

1977 - Ants die.

2007 - MI5 and police are called and Johnny is charged with perpetrating acts of terrorism. Teams investigate parents, siblings are removed from the home, computers are confiscated, and Johnny's dad goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario: Johnny falls during break and scrapes his knee. His teacher, Mary, finds him crying, and gives him a hug to comfort him.

1977 - Johnny soon feels better and goes back to playing.

2007 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces three years in prison. Johnny undergoes five years of therapy. Becomes gay.
  2. :(

Not Funny. Has scary elements of truth in it.
  3. I dunno hooooow many times i've seen this and has been posted... but yeah, its true...
  4. I know this is meant as a humorous post, but the scary thing is that it is now becoming a reality.

I fear for our children's children.
  5. Yep. A mate of mine read this and said, "I was born in 1977 and my kid was born in 2007. Can you imagine the version of this that she might be reading in 2037!"

Gave me a bit of a shiver, that comment.

6. what the hell is a model plane paint bottle you old bastards? :p
  7. See! Kids today. And if I smack him upside the ear for his cheek, I'LL be the one in trouble.

8. Jeez kids today, they make a very nice small bomb about 2cm high! or so I have heard. :wink:

The only thing tht could make this list complete is a mention of bolt bombs.
  9. hah! I remember making one of those.

*throw it at the ground*

"Well, that doesn't work. What a stupid idea."

*throw it at the ground*

"Yep, definitely a dud."

*throw it at the ground*

"This is pretty much the best thing ever."
  10. KTULU you forgot a quick duck when the bolts blew apart :shock: :shock:
  11. Nope, I learnt about that after the explosion... :eek:
  12. Bugger, didn't have them in my childhood.

Any chance you could linky instructions so I can include them in my adulthood?
  13. Rambler, use you imagination. A couple of bolts, a nut and match heads. Please note I do not condone this behaviour they are fcuking dangerous! :shock: :LOL:
  14. So true.

They teach pilosophies that save the trees but kill the children.

Where did the control freaks go wrong. It all seemed clear cut.
  15. 2007, people ride motocycles
    3007, motorcycles ride people
  16. Well, the last one I saw go off went through Hinkleys Fruit & Vegie shop front window.
    We were waiting for the school bus. Funny, when bus arrived there were no kids waiting for it there. :p :p

Only better bang was the cracker up the bike pump and a marble in the pipe.
    (Pumps were made of steel in those days)
  17. It's what we used to sniff when the teacher confiscated all the Liquid Paper.