Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

1976 Honda 360... Value help wanted

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by MelbourneMick, Dec 16, 2012.

1. G'day folks,
    I was at a family Xmas bash last night and found out my cousin's partner has a 1976 Honda CB360 which has been sitting under a cover and he no longer uses it.
    I want to make an offer to take it for a project bike but have no idea what something this old is worth...of anything at all.
    Details -
    Bike runs and has good rubber.
    Frame in good condition.
    Front forks bent, clutch lever and left mirror broken from a low speed bingle.
    Some surface rust on bars.
    Seat needs repair (new foam).

So any idea what it is worth in this condition ?
    Are these bikes in demand ?

Basically I want it cheap but he is a good bloke so if it worth a decent quid I would like to see him cash in.

Thanks for the help in advance

P.s - trying to get some pics
  2. Fifty bucks. They looked quite nice but they were truly terrible.

OTOH they shared quite a lot of cycle parts with the much nicer 400/4 so spares support isn't as bad as it could be.
  3. TBH Sir......I'd give it a miss.....

Even if you get it for 50 bones it will not be worth it......

Just IMHO......and 2C etc.
  4. Cheers fellas.
    I actually have my eye on something else but this came up in conversation last night.
    His neighbour wants to make him an offer to give the bike to his son to fix up.

I might advise him to take whatever he can get an e done with it.
  5. #5 maduncle, Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
    I am not so sure what the difference is between a CB350 and a CB360, but I would buy a CB350 if one was available, there are a ton of performance and custom parts for them.

Okay - now I do.

The CB360 engine is rubbish, the CB350 engine is ace.
  6. Thanks for that info. Helps me make a good decision