Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

1973 Suzuki TS K 50

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Suzuki50, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Hi there, I am hoping we can get some advice ona couple of old motorbikes we have and would like to sell. Our son has a brand new Suzuki 80 which he loves to ride on our property and we no longer need the very old ones we had kept for him!!! We have been told that these old motorbikes are quite valuable to collectors and am hoping we can get some guidance as to how much they may be worth. We have a Suzuki 1973 TS K50 which is the oldest as well as what we thinks is a 1981???? Kawasaki KL250. Any ideas on what they are worth? Cheers

2. Hey mate - welcome to NR. (y)

Your best bet would be to approach an auction house to have them appraised/valued and go from there.

A quick google search found a 1974 Suzuki K50-II in a museum in NZ (Wanaka Transport and Toy Museum), so maybe you can approach them?

Good luck :)

3. The 50cc two-stroke TS50 was introduced in 1971 and was manufactured virtually unchanged by Suzuki until 1978 http://www.suzukicycles.org/TS-TC-series/TS50.shtml

So it`s not a 81

If your 73 is in exelent condition , i seen other little old bikes go for around 3000 - 4000$ , the ts was in production for a few years by the look of it , Could help if their is not many left. People my age strangely want toys from their childhood.

The rest of them are just old bikes , worth more if they run