Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

18K service time allready

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Removed_User6, Jun 10, 2005.

1. well on the 20 march give or take a day or two i picked up the storm with 11,697 on the clock
    last night clocked 19,000k's on the dial
    so since that time I have put on 7300 k's in 70 days
    Thats work , a couple of rides and general work horse dutys .

Got pete to check it over last week and he is doing my 18K service (little bit late :D only by 10 days)
    Question is
    1. How long would it take you in NORMAL run of the mill travelling to clock up 7000+ K's ?
    2. what did you have to do for your 18k?
    3. what did it cost you ?
  2. Nice Work Glen,

On the bike, 7000 kays would take me about a year!!

Work car 2 months!!

I think the 18000 kay service for the VTR 1000 is one of the larger ones. I will check my service book and get back to you if you want. I don't think the valves need checking until 24000 kays?

I would definetely get Pete to change the brake/clutch fluid though. I am making a habit of freshening these up every 6 months now, and it makes the world of difference to your braking.
  3. 1. Well normal for me includes a return trip Sydney/Albury most weekends cause thats where im from and all me mates are there. Plus about 300ks during the week to and from work. So thats about 1400ks i spose. Sometimes i do take the car though if its gonna be wet and none of me mates are gonna wanna go for a ride.

2. Cant help ya out with servicing and shit cause i only have a little zzr :D
  4. I have covered 20,000km in the last 8 months.....

While living in the US, covered 20,000miles in 3 months.
  5. Probably the same as you Glen . I do 500 klm per work travelling to and from work and the rest is made up from weekend rides .
  6. Puts on best english coockney accent
    Luxury! :LOL:
    When I was a child, my Dad had to ride 500 miles per day just so he could bring home 10 pence to feed me and my 10 brothers and sisters all living in a one bedroom shack :LOL:
  7. A shack? You lucky lucky bastard! :LOL:
  8. Before I had the off, I'd done 3600k in three months. Not bad for a learner that hadn't ridden on the roads prior to this. I'm about 1200km behind where I probably would be as I didn't get the bike back on the road until last Tuesday (and I fell off a month prior to that)
  9. Service outcome
    well pete done my service today .
    Picked up the bike and she flys
    running like a dream and pete losened up the throttle and did a few other little things on it also.
    air cleaner looked like a pool filter , plugs (irridium type) were all jammed up .
    new oils, new parts and It feels tight , smooth and fast .

so ladies and gents , if you have to get your work done and done properley without being ripped off , pete is the man to see.

if you want his details , pm me or ask me at coffee or pete
    if not ring him on his mobile 0409169478 .

But check pete out before you go too them service shops and save your $$ and hassles by getting it done right the first time.
  10. call in the next 20 minutes to receive a free set of steak knives :LOL:

Once again, another positive testemonial for Pete - I'm thinking about riding down just to get him to do a decent service on the R6 - good mechanics are... wait... good, honest mechanics are few and far between.
  11. Wow you must be a seriously big doood now

Hmm with what may one ask ?

You travel alot in your work then ?

Shack , luxury , we used to liv in shooe box in middle of the road :)

Oh well 130k service coming up soon it never stops does it :(
  12. And there was this one time that I rode 200 km without stopping or anything
  13. I even travel alot during the week :LOL: . Thx for picking that up Helina :p :wink:
  14. It's not the kays that count but how fast you do em. :D