Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

17-18 Aug, Brisbane Ride to Conquer Cancer looking for motorcyclists

Discussion in 'QLD' started by mendosi, Jul 11, 2013.

1. The Ride to Conquer Cancer is looking for motorcyclists to volunteer for the motorcycle safety team for this Charity bicycle ride on 17-18 August.

A few Netriders helped last year, along with a few other locals. I'm going this year again.

If you are interested call Rachael on 1300 11 7433 or rmuller@conquercancer.org.au ASAP. There were motorcycle riders turned down last year because there are only limited crew spots.
  2. What's involved mate?
  3. Motorcyclists strategically placed along the route to guide the cyclists, warn them of hazardous situations (for example where they need to cross lanes of traffic to follow the route) and also to ride back and forth looking for cyclists who need help.

The ride is about 100Km each day, staying in a (large) campsite on the Saturday night.

Last year there were about 20 motorcyclists on the team, it was a great thing to do together, as well as being part of the event.
  4. Ive emailed that lady and she is going to call me early next week to register. sounds like a good experience.
  5. Good to hear!
    Did I mention that last year there were complimentary beers at the camp site?