Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

160 in 100 zone, $1600 fine, 6m suspension, what do I do?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by ChiggenWingz, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So heading to Melb this morning, not even 1hr into the ride and I'm caught for 160 in the 100 zone.

I've got a 6 month suspension of license in NSW starting from Oct 8th, and a nice big chunky $1600 fine. Oh, and 6 points. (so I have 2 left) (I have a Vic license, and I'm working in the ACT for a bit)

Any advice as to what I can do?

When asked "why?", I said "no excuse".

I'm not trying to weezle out of it, but wondering if there are options or if there are ways to reduce the sting in any way?

I'm also considering selling my bike as I've lost 10 points in 6 months having the thing. So I dont think I can go another 2.5 years with only 2 points, and I'm not a fan of the tight slow twisties, so the 1000 will just waste away doing nothing.

:?

2. Sell the 1000
    Buy a CBR125

You'll never get caught speeding again! :p

3. You can 'cop it sweet', like I did in 1999.
    I'm not going to say " trade the 1000 on something else", because thats bullshyt & you'll still be up for fines on anything else.
    Speeding is not the bike's fault, and avoiding speeding is the demon that everyone has to struggle with.

I'm not saying don't speed, but think about the 'tree in the forest'. You have to be that tree....

4. Get used to walking and being a passenger for 6 months and next time don't get caught.

5. Re: 160 in 100 zone, $1600 fine, 6m suspension, what do I do

I've lost 4 points in 15 years.

I think you need to learn self control.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.