Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

1400GTR, new pipe today!!

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' at netrider.net.au started by gtrgilera, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Fitted a new exhaust to the GTR tonight, took it out and enjoyed the new sound... very nice...

look at the difference in size... and a few KGs too :LOL:
    18022008NEWPIPE001X.

18022008NEWPIPE011X.

:grin: :grin:

2. Looks much better now... You bloody hoon ... :p

3. That pipe looks MUCH better, is it much louder over the stock pipe?

4. Yeah, nice look :grin:

Blue14... :LOL: :LOL: I might have to put a pipe on the Gilera, been thinking that for a while... :LOL:

Stack, sounds louder at idle (6dbA up) but they claim it's the same at 5G (92-93dbA), it's a lower frequency - to me it's louder; nominal increase of 5.6hp/4.68 ft/lbs, lets the neighbors know I'm home :LOL: but looks so much better :grin:
    I've met you in the dirt I think, used to ride a GS1150 (Fun :wink: ) :LOL:

5. It's not about size ...
    It's not about size ...
    It's not about size ...
    :oops: :oops:

6. I have been keen to see a pipe on one of them. Looks horn

7. I have found one that looks the goods.. What do you think ?

Pq1vUQwr.

8. Hey, Blue - that's a hot little pipe! I like it, you got any details? I've only seen long (typical) versions up to now.

Took the GTR out last night for a 'test ride' after refiddling the pipe away from the sidebags - there's almost NO heat inside the right case after a 30minute ride, so I've lost y pie-warmer :LOL: :LOL:

Also put the lowered seat back on for this ride - I do like it better despite the hardness, it feels a much nicer overall riding position!

Luv my GTR :LOL: :LOL:

9.  Top