Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

1400GTR Bogged in Sand

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Highett, Nov 2, 2013.

1. I thought I would share this experience I had today.

I was out and about today and pulled into a nice rest area along side the hunter river, rather than park in the car park I elected to ride between the posts and ride down to a nicer spot.

I rode over an area with no grass which turned out to be soft sand, the GTR sank like a stone and stopped in its tracks.

As I tried to ride out of it the back end just sank deeper, then the traction control kicked in the motor sounded like it was chugging, I stood taking my weight off the bike and it crawled out of the sand.

I had my video running, motor sounds weird but I am amazed at how the bike came out of the sand.

• Like Like x 1
  2. LOL bet you crapped yourself, I once drowned a bike riding through what i though was about 6inches of water... turned out to be a chest deep rut in the track.

no, no, No, NO, NOOO! fcuk!

spent the next hour trying to recover the bike and the next 2 hours trying to get the water out with only the onboard tools and a multitool on a 4stroke mind you.
  3. That's awesome , love the video .