Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

12K service for a VTR250 - how much?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by josh909, Feb 20, 2006.

1. the title pretty much says it all - can any of the 'baby storm' owners give any advice?

2. I got a quote for 36k for a VTR250 from Honda at Epping of around $550 plus fluids? but including coolant, the other day. I'd have thought it would be similar.
  3. i actually got a quote from beaconsfield motorcycles (authorised honda service centre) for around $240 plus parts - they did my last service and can't fault them at all. the vtr is booked in for monday week so i'll report back then with a final cost.
  4. Josh, I got my 12K service done at Lloyd Penn (Artarmon) for $385. This included the full 12K service, spark plugs, filters, fluids. The labour was the killer. 3hrs at $80/hr.

It was more than I was expecting but I this the guys there are worth it.

Let us know what you end up paying. Might have to check out B'field next time!
  5. from memory the guys at beaconsfield only charge $60 per hour... great guys that are really friendly and are always up for a chat as opposed to getting you in and out as fast as possible. :grin:

i'll let you know when i get a final figure.
  6. just got her back - total cost? $188.50 :shock: :grin:

3 hours labour @ $44 per hour, new spark plug, fluids and filters.

cheering :grin:

again, i cannot recommend these guys enough.
  7. just curious, does this guy do the kawasaki zzr servie? that is really cheap
  8. Every time I've been there, there have been all sorts of bikes. I read that they only do Japanese bikes though, so you're in luck.