Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

12/13aug Newbe+Mentor+black spur=better rider orsome time

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Denn, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Gidday nubies L's P's and less experienced
    i have been riding for just over 3 months read the mentor forum posted my thoughts in the forem whent from there
    just want to let you all know that getting together with a mentor has made me a better rider.
    Saturday was chat coffee and questions lotsa questions learned heaps
    Sunday was meet at maca's lilydale saw a 350chev powered bike :shock: :shock: :shock:
    then cruzed up to healsvile stopped got comments and critisim which was very valued
    then up the spur for the first time more coments at the top then back down stop smoke recompose myself more comments (down hill on a bike was scarey to at first try)
    more disscussion then back up and hmmm better and better
    me leading mentor checking my lines up and back then me following mentor watching lines
    learned heaps!!!!!!!! was orsome experience!!! l's p's and newbes should do it

i cant stress this enough, workout questions grab a mentor ask questions learn little things tips tricks etc etc WELL WORTH IT

enough of my dribble

black spur haha i have done it not so scary now :)
  2. Good to see such an encouraging post, Dennis...:)

I hope it inspires some of the other newer riders to reach out for some tips/pointers or assistance from the Mentors.

Summer's comin'. :)

3. Great rider attitude.

Hope other newbies would follow suit, instead of finding ways to break the law and get their hands on powerfull bikes despite lacking experience and safe riding skills.

I too rode with far experienced riders when going thru my learners. Yes they sometimes tease you for having a smaller bike, but their very encouraging and supportive and always remind you that they too went thru their learners.

4. top stuff mate :D sounds like a fun day

hi-5's to the mysterious 'mentor' - who was it? lol