Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

10yo Mini-Flipper's bed time on a school night

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Mouth, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Flipper is right - 8:30pm

2. Mini-Flipper is right - anything before 9:30pm is cruel

0 vote(s)
  3. I'll take the middle ground - 9:00pm

0 vote(s)
  4. Pffft ... no way on any of these

0 vote(s)
  1. 10yo Mini-Flipper thinks it's un-fair that "cruel and horrible Mum" (aka Flipper) says she has to be in bed by 8:30pm on a school night, when other kids her age are allowed to go to bed much later.

Give your thoughts in the poll :) :LOL: :)

2. Sorry Maddy....my 10yo bro is in bed by 830. He wasn't allowed to come rollerskating last week cos it finished at 9....

You have it good! :wink:

:D :D :D
  3. Don't worry mini flipper, you won't be going to bed at 8.30 on Saturday night. :wink:

:D :D
  4. Get it drilled in now. Mum is always right until you grow up and leave home. Then you can stay up as late as you want posting on internet forums.
  5. I say the parents should set the example and go to bed at 8.30 too j/k :p

i say give the kid a break and let her go to sleep at 9.00, but tell her she needs to study during that extra 1/2 hr, after a while i bet she'll be begging to go to bed at 8.30 ;)
  6. not fair to do a poll on here I reckon. If Flipper decides something and the Poll goes another way, Maddy is going to have a bigger fit about it.

Mum is right. I vote for whatever Flipper decides, she's the boss, and she knows best.
  7. do what your told or you wont inhert the across when your mums to old to ride (next couple of years ) :p :LOL:
  8. IMHO, it depends on what time miniflip has to wake up for school. I'd make sure she gets at least 10 hours of sleep, if that means 9:30, or 7:30, so be it.

9. Tell her 9:30, then you and Mum go to bed early and see what she gets up to
  10. I've read this 4 times, then re-read the tread, and the only conclusion I can come to is that you think Mouth and Flipper are Mum & Dad !!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  11. I'd say 8.30. May be even earlier. Get as much sleep in the bank as you can so that you can party on the non school nights. :D :D :D
  12. Geez, it's a modern world, give the kid a break, in bed by 8:30,

TV, DVD, Xbox, Playstation, Laptop, Video, and Foxtel off by 9:30......

then she can listen to her MP3 until she falls asleep.....

easy :D :D :D
  13. Spose it all depends how well shes doing at school yeah... Im no expert on kids and i cant particulary even remember what time i usually got to bed at that age. Unless ofcourse she needs to me up super early to treavel 3 hours to school or somethin id say 830s abit early but what the hell do i know :p
  14. Isn't that meant to be like a threat...as in do as your told or you WILL inherit the across :p

I reckon Mums the boss...8:30 for a 10 year old is fine for a bed time

15. My kids have always been early to bed, early to rise. 11 and 13 year old to bed at 8:30. They are allowed to read in bed for a half hour or so though. The 17 year old goes whenever he want's now..could be anytime between 8.30 and 11. Last night he disappeared at 8pm :shock:

They definitely function better with at least 10 hours sleep and a late night will throw them out of whack for a day or two.

By having the early bed time, at least hubby and I get to have 'quiet' time and unwind.
  16. Threats of losing her inheritance is a great theory except when Flipper finally retires from full time work she will start her SKI Trip.

SKI stands for "Spending the Kids Inheritance :roll:

My parents seem to be using that theory at present. :facepalm:
  17. Parents are the boss... kids follow directions, if you think you can do it better and know everything move out and do so
  18. Well once again it has been proven that I am right Mouth :p
    Although Maddy actually goes to bed at 8pm, not 8:30pm :D
    And Mouth is definately not Dad :LOL: but if he keeps making stupid suggestions like he did last night about Maddy's bedtime then I will be dropping her on YOUR doorstep after copious amounts of red cordial (Sarah, you can come round to my place for coffee and let Jason deal with it) ;)
  19. I'm on mini-flipper's side!

I had to go to bed at 8:30 until I was like 14 or Something, and look how I turned out!
    Do you really want that for poor little mini-flipper???

be good to your child, anything before 9:30 is cruel...

You should always remember: She'll be the one who selects your nursing home... do you want that swanky one with the pillow warmers, sponge baths and roomservice, or the one we all saw on sixty minutes? :p