Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

$1050 for a CDI Box...is this normal?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by matt_thebaker, Jul 9, 2007.

1. So anyway a while ago I was having problems with my bike starting, so I had the bike shop pick it up from my mates house as I was away for 3 months, and its been about 2 months now, bike still not fixed, and they say it needs a new CDI Box and said its gunna be about $1050, for a 1998 GSX750f.Is this normal?As I wouldnt have thought a part would cost this much, and I hope they arent just taking me for a ride. Any info would be appreciated.Cheers, Matt

2. for a genuine 98 ecu, fitted, yep.
    i would be calling the wreckers to see if they have one. they arent hard to fit :)
  3. You should be able to pick one up for a couple of hundred off ebay.

There's 2 on UK ebay.
  4. had a customers bike a ittlewhile ago $150 from the wreckers
  5. Call the guys at small coil rewinds in Geelong and see if they can help.
  6. ok thanks for the info.The guy sent it away to see if it can be fixed, which is gunna cost about 250 anyway, if he can fix it.So I might tell him to forget about it and just get one from a wrecker.Thanks alot. Matt
  7. just rang victorian motorcycle wreckers and got one straight away.saved $750 on a new one.Thanks alot for the info guys.Cheers, Matt