Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

1000k (First Service)???

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by Ninja03, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Hey guys,

Bought a 2005 Kawasaki Ninja with 500km on the clock. I have now put another 500km on and it is due for its first service. I have booked it in next saturday morning at peter stevens in the city however this weekend coming im goin down to sorrento with a few mates. Seeings its nice weather i wouldnt mind riding down however by the time i get back the bike will have 1200-1300 km on it (im assuming thats how far it is to and from sorrento).

Could i do damage by doing this trip and am i better to drive this weekend and not ride the bike till after the service?
    If i am able to ride down is there any checks or maintenance things i should do before riding to sorrento before i put it in for a service?

Thanks guys:)

2. 1) no, ride it down i cant see an extra couple of hundred k's will make any diff. Just get it donw when you are back.

2) PS for servicing? You might end up hearing how that isn't the greatest move from others on here, there seem to be endless threads saying not to have them do the service.

Have a good ride.

3. 1) no, ride it down i cant see an extra couple of hundred k's will make any diff. Just get it donw when you are back.

2) PS for servicing? You might end up hearing how that isn't the greatest move from others on here, there seem to be endless threads saying not to have them do the service.

Have a good ride.

4. Thanks Mate!

Thats interesting about peter Stevens. Only reason im going there is because i bought the bike from there and it is still under warranty (Im pritty sure that doesnt cover servicing tho anyway)

Can you reccommend any Kawasaki dealers that are good or a good place to take it to get serviced?

5. Brighton Kawasaki on Nepean Hwy - http://www.brightonkawasaki.com.au/

6. Thanks Mate!

Appreciate it!

7. No probs dude

8. Couple of hundred k's won't make a smidgin of difference.

Of course if the bike happens to blow up what's the bet they argue it's your fault because you didn't get the engine serviced on schedule.

9. did u get teh extended warranty from PS if u did, you have to go there to get the extended warranty crap or something.....

10. I would drop the oil and put new stuff in it to flush out any swarf that may be there (the engine may be running original oil?). Then do the ride and get the service done when you get back. But that may have warranty implications if you do it yourself?

Maybe keep the old oil and put it back before the service so they cant tell :LOL:

11. one extra tank wont do crap, say 5 extra tanks might

12. Ninja03,

Some (hopefully) helpful suggestions :

Do NOT service your bike at PS !
    Not now or in the future..especially their city store..bunch of useless f***s !
    For your peace of mind, go elsewhere.

Do a search in these forums under that business name - you'll be surprised how many have had 'bad' experiences there. I can justify this with my own 'event' - almost came off a bike at an intersection due to oil spraying all over me and right side of bike..this straight after my (then) bike's 1000km service !

Sure, they picked the bike up the next day..but then the idiots couldn't find the cause of the problem ! Go figure ! They stalled and kept my bike for 3 weeks, in my opinion, to make it appear that the problem was complex (though very simple) and not once did they offer a replacement bike. After consulting with Consumer Affairs and many attempts at chasing them up (it was very obvious they were deliberately avoiding me), they offered a scooter ! One week of 'begging' for a replacement bike (I had no other form of transport) and they offered me a scooter, which was ONLY available if I traveled 1hr on public transport to collect it myself... a**holes !

Their customer service (service center) is woeful !

When the bike was eventually returned, there were scratch marks on the exhaust, right mirror and the oil stains they promised to clean were still evident, especially on the rear tire ! I am surprised they haven't been closed down yet !

Sure, I got my service costs fully refunded, through Consumer Affairs' support, which I had throughout the entire ordeal, but trust me, you don't want this to happen to you. Had I come off the bike that evening, things would have been far worse, for myself AND for PS.
    Enjoy your ride mate and choose from the many other reputable service centers for your 1000km check. Stay WELL clear of those incompetent pr*cks. You'll be much happier that you did.
    Cheers.

13. Solution to the problem is:

Bring it down to my shop saturday morning. If your here by 9am you be out riding with your mates by 11am. Service should cost around $170 depending on how much oil goes in the motor.

If you want it done ring me at the shop 03 9077 7312. If you want to know more about us check out the website by clicking the 'Everything Two Wheels' banner ad at the top of the page.

http://www.everythingtwowheels.com.au/

Pete

14. Was checking out your website only yesterday E2W.
    Very impressed with the write-ups on each bike. That's dedication and good quality service.
    I regularly pass through Fitzroy, Victoria Pde (when in Melbourne), so I might swing by sometime and say g'day.
    Cheers.

15. As far as I know we are the only people that run this type of website to show people what we do. It not that hard to maintain either. All I do is take a picture as Im working that type in some blurb! Easy.

16. I wish I lived in Vic. That is service!

Try booking something into a bike mechanic up here and they try and discourage you from it because they can't be assed doing the work...and then eventually book you in in 7 months time.