Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

$10 winter gloves - while they last

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by peter-reebok, May 18, 2008.

1. AMX in Dorset Rd bayswater (vic) has Rjays winter gloves for $10 - only about a dozen L size ones left when I went there today.
    Kevlar Reinforced, Hipore waterproof, and Thinsulate lined.

Only drawback is that the backs are yellow cordura, but for $10, they are a great 2nd pair for when the others get waterlogged.
    I bought 2 pair, luckily I fit a size L.

2. Yeah I've had a pair of these for about 3 years now, I have almost softened them enough that I can actually bend my fingers a bit...

:LOL: :LOL: they are very thick

3. Ahhhh, so it's not just me then. The fcukers give me pins and needles in my fingers after abour 45 minutes..............problem is they're so well made they'll likely last forever!

Regards, Andrew.
  4. i bought some of these a few weeks ago in red. im a medium and there was one pair left. didnt like the yellow ones.

from my experience with them, they are heaps warm, but i have small hands so they are too dangerous to ride in due to their thickness.

i found throttle control and breaking difficult. even small things like indicating were almost impossible for me with these on.

recommend someone with bigger hands.

they will be great for the snow though :cool:
  5. They'll break in mate, and you'll also get used to them. Try wearing them around the house for a few days to help soften them up.
    My pair were exactly like that for about one winter, horribly stiff and very little feeling, but in Canberra, well, it was a necessity!
    Oh, and they're not 100% waterproof.

Regards, Andrew.
  6. Yeah, I will do that. Started to wear them in last night around the house. Nice and warm. Haven't tested the waterproof yet, but will do. Thanks for the advice.
  7. oh i dont know! yellow comon have some self respect, lol
  8. I wish.

I have about 3 pairs of winter gloves here. DriRider, Rjays and some other brand. All of them feel like straitjackets for fingers. In particular I get significant cramps from the throttle hand, even after say, ten minutes of riding.

I've literally soaked them in Dubbin and other leather conditioners (assuming that they are actually leather). Didn't seem to make any difference.

If I'm gonna do the Icicle Ride in July I really need to source a pair of winter gloves that actually work and which won't give me cramps for 5hrs.
  9. That's a thought. I'm going to need to do the same. My winter ones keep my hands dry at least, but the ends of my fingers always get cold. Should make sure I have something a little better for that ride too.