Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

10 Motorcycle Riding Tricks You May Not Know, Yet

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by MadAzz300, Aug 24, 2013.

1. I can't see that this has been posted anywhere yet.. but I found this article very informative.. a worthwhile read/watch I reckon.

(y)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Already know them, I want my money back!

Seriously though...some are pretty basic and obvious, like rev-matching for down shifts.

3. nice bike chic in the last video though :p

4. Ahhh.. that's why I put it here.. for the new Learners who aren't so knowledgeable ;)

5. Surely it was only in jest!

6. #6 MadAzz300, Aug 26, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
    Sorry mate? In Jest?

o_O

7. The part where I said I want my money back. Wasn't trying to be a smart arse.

8. Lee, to save further accusations of false advertising, I edited the title of your thread.

9. Thanks matie (y) I found that this covered 95% of my newbie worries n questions, so having it all in one article is bound to help someone just starting out.

10. I'm familiar with and practice some of these but one of them ("Save Your Balls, Use Your Knees"), I can't do very well. Slippery pants and slippery tank.

Has anyone tried tank pad grip stickers from eBay? Are they any good?

11. They are brilliant. Get some.

12. Yes. Over a year now on the gix track bike and they haven't fallen off. Still look as new. Very happy. oh and they cost about a quarter of what the Stomp ones do.

13. LEGENDARY THREAD ! much appreciated ,most of them are new to me
    wow motorbikes are completely different than push bikes :))

14. Oh man, watching the vid of the guy steering through traffic at speed, using just his fingertips, had my hair standing on end. Still, he succeeded in getting this 'countersteering' concept into my tiny brain.

Looking forward to trying the Forget The Clutch For Upshifts idea - didn't know about that.