Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

10 millionth "I passed" thread

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Nug-Nugget, Jan 24, 2011.

1. I know millions of people have done this before me but it doesn't make it any less special (for me). I just passed today with zero points and I'm not sure if I could have done it without the help of the Sydney learner sessions. Thanks to all involved in these sessions, I'd love to contribute to these in the near future.

I was with a good group of guys (6) and we all passed. 4 people joined us afterward for resits, 2 of them failed. One guy couldn't do the tight left turn and didn't do head checks, then didn't even give the cone weave a good go saying his bike was unable to do it. Then he couldn't do the u-turn and the instructor sent him home. This was his 2nd attempt! What was he expecting would happen? Some people make me wonder.

Anyways I'm stoked! Now it's just a smooth transition to my full license and a Street Triple R!! I'm already putting money aside for it.
  2. Congrats mate!
    Obviously that guy thinks that riding the bike is all about going fast, and doesnt bother to practice the slow stuff.
    I struggled with the cone weave and u turn during practice, aced the weave during the test and touched the back line by an inch doing the uturn. Passed fine, just left it a tiny bit late to turn in.
    I told the guys to turn earlier then you think, one never even went in the box :D. Somehow a guy who did a massive stoppie after the swerve passed too :p.

I think the instructor was just happy to have the day over - was his last day and he was going down to the california superbike school the following week.
  3. congrats bud :)
  4. Well done mate! And keep practising the slow stuff. You look much cooler in the carpark at the local Woolies when you are looking for a spot to park and your bike isn't wobbling about all over the place like a lamb on acid! :D

Fun Ha!

5. that made me laugh! perfect visual
  6. congrats mate and yeah, you do look much cooler if your feet stay on the pegs at all speeds...
  7. Thanks guys, it feels like a massive weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I've been thinking about that day for a long time. My nerves were my biggest enemy. I've been pretty comfortable with all the obstacles, but when it was time to do the test my heart was pounding and my hands were shaking. I nearly stalled it during the u-turn. I think I was so nervous because I wanted it so bad. I was the first of 10 to do the test and I'm glad I was. I think the longer I would have waited the more nervous I would have gotten.I'm just glad it's all over and I passed.

If I could give some advice to learners on their upcoming tests it would be to relax, I know it's hard but this will make things 10x easier. Also just keep going no matter how badly you think you're doing. I thought I screwed up the stop in the box, the u-turn and the e-brake but by the end of the test I didn't accumulate any points. And of course practice, practice, practice. The learner sessions in Homebush are a must.
  8. Oh congratulations RS_Cosworth! Well done.
  9. (y) (y)
    Well done bud