Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

10,000 km : What is the best way to celebrate

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by sith jester, Mar 23, 2007.

1. I have just rolled over my first 10Kkm on a bike, not a bad effort in 4.5 months, and was wondering what is the best way to celebrate or should I wait til I tick by a more significant number?

2. Engine coolant.

3. Another 10,000kms of course, that should be how every 10,000kms is celebrated.

4. Get on it and do another 10

5. I have no idea.... but how's the baby? :grin:

6. Doing well, sleeping 8 hours a night most nights and growing. I'm not seeing much of her or her siblings of late due to work but that will change soon enough.

I think I'll need a new tyre before I go for another 10Kkm, but a drink sounds good. Who wants to shout us all a round?

7. If there is beer going - count me in :grin: :LOL: :grin:

Always up for a celebratory beer or three :grin:

8. Celebrate any way you like, just congrats on the landmark.

I've done 46,000 in the last two years, lots of long trips though.

Why not try and do one long ride, just to mark the occasion?

9. Congrat's! 10000! :woot:

Hornet's suggestion is a very good one...but long rides aren't always possible so I suggest you have a few drinks instead. :grin:

10. I'd start with a service, that's if it's a Duc. If it's a Honda I guess you paid for that a while back :grin: :grin:

11. Go for a ride on the bike my friend... that is the best way to celebrate (or commiserate) anything!

KerriesPerspective.

12. 5 x 2000 Chateau Margaux or Latour :grin:

13. Celebrate by buying a new rear tyre........
    after cooking the one thats on it now :grin:

14. I would celebrate with a vasectomy, but that's just my opinion. :wink:

I swing by with the tools today and we will look at the trusty steed. Plus I want a pat of the little ones.

15. yeah..tis a small price to pay for starts first time everytime..runs perfectly....clinical and without much soul....but did i say perfectly?? :LOL:

16. ouch.....

17. I am glad it turns out that the 'little ones' 'tools' and 'vasectomy' were in separate sentences.

18. keep going until you can brag like this bloke

wehaveawinner.

19. And that's miles?!

Congrats, Jester :) . Buy your bike a pressie (as well as the essentials).