Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

+1 to Bikes plus

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Doeven09, Nov 21, 2010.

1. After my first off in the depths of winter i was lacking confidence and i felt the front end of my bike (cbr250rr) was in pretty bad nick. So with summer looming i decided i had better get some work done on it, looking to the trusty netrider forums i heard only good things about bikes plus in Essendon.
    I took my bike in there a week ago and had them replace front tire (arrowstax -> michelin pilot road 2), replace head stem bearings, new fork oil and seals, as well as oil, oil filter and air filter. The whole service ended up costing $715, but it was SO worth it. The second i got back on i was thoroughly freaked out, it felt like a different bike. The forks and bars were so responsive, they gave me so much more feedback. In my (albeit limited) experience i can only do my utmost to recommend these guys, they worked wonders on my little blade. =D>
    After a few commutes i had clocked up the recommended 40k's on the new front to break it in and finally got to have some fun today. With pilots (finally) on the front and rear we headed out. After a few runs of Yarra Boulevard we found a fresh carpark with over at Latrobe uni in Bundoora. Played around with my riding style a lot there, changing body position rather than angling just the bike. And low and behold, around a sweeping loop at 50~60kph i felt my knee slider touch down. 8-[
    It was a little scary at first and checking my tires afterward there was < 2mm of unused rubber left, but practicing more i started to get used to it, experimenting with my arcs at different speeds and turning both ways.
    Blarrrgh! Too much fun!
    This summer is on track for best summer ever! I can't wait to get back out there and explore. Thanks again to bikes plus, they've reignited my passion for motorcycling after the wet Winter off nearly extinguished it.
    I have to go eat and drink now, sorry for rambling...