Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

1 day Oakley sunglasses sale - $28 for all glasses!

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humour' started by chillibutton, May 5, 2015.

1. #1 chillibutton, May 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2015
    Hey all, my BIL just put me onto this site [Mod: URL removed, to protect the gullible and not wanting Netrider to be associated or drive traffic to spammers] - one day sale.

$28 for any pair of Oakleys plus $19 delivery. I have no info on the site or company itself and am not associated with Oakley in any way, just wanted to share this as many riders out there looking for decent shades.

Use it, don't use it... :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 oldcorollas, May 5, 2015
    Last edited: May 5, 2015
  3. Cheers mate, he did actually - so now checking it out.
  4. #4 oldcorollas, May 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2015
    all good. the same scam comes up regularly in different countries.
    just look up $21 Oakley, or cheap Oakley.. a lot of the sites have same design with just different graphics

e.g. [Mod: URL removed, to protect the gullible and not wanting Netrider to be associated or drive traffic to spammers]

then again.. if they are already made in china.. probably cost far less than that to produce :)
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Lenses made out of recycled Fanta bottles methinks.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yeah site says its "Norton Secured" , they're not.. They don't use SSL for the payment info, the SSL cert that is installed is a self signed one. None of your payment information is secure/encrypted.

I'd give this a miss.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Yup have done so already!
  8. I hope this is the correct thread to put this in, but maybe someone can help me. I have won $50 million USD in an online lottery and for tax reasons need someone to assist me in getting the money transferred from the USA to Australia. Must be an Australian citizen (I'm not so therefore the innocent request for assistance).

Obviously there will be a fee paid to you for the assistance. I just require a bit of information (bank, personal) in order to kick start the process.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Happy to help :)

but require a photo of you holding a fish and eating bread, just so I know you're not a scammer
  10. Would a picture of me holding a celebratory bottle of champagne do the thing? As you can see the bottle is not open and therefore I can be trusted.

11. I'm not sure I like the way you may or may not be looking at me...and 4 button suits? hmmmm

I bet you'll be all like
  12. Do you need some cash
    Awwwww yeah!!!!

13. Why, don't you believe me?

I'll buy a new suit once the money is transferred.
  14. how could I refuse those cute eyes? :D

I'm just a little sceptical, what with all those Nigerian scams I hear about on TV... I don't want to lose my bingo money...

could you send another picture, maybe with zucchinis, bread and tofu? and womens clothes? maybe with a couple of mates? then I will definitely know you're not a scammer :)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Look, I need someone to help me, not going to jump through hoops to get there though.

Does this not show you I'm not a scammer?
    • Like Like x 1
  16. On a side note - I would LOVE to know the story behind this picture!

upload_2015-5-5_16-42-18. O
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ok, I'll be the first to say it.
    They are doing the Ducati owners club initiation ceremony. Or is it the Honda/Suzuki/Yamaha...
  18. Nope, can't be Ducati- no espresso or coffee to be seen anywhere!