Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

1,000km's and loving it!

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by guggle, Feb 21, 2011.

1. It's been so much fun riding around, but the milestone really crept up on me and before I knew it, I'd reached 1,000km's on my bike.

I bought my bike on Australia Day and started riding it to work the next week. Peak hour traffic is fun, but riding in very strong winds would have to be hairiest riding I've done to date (was blown around my lane by a very stiff cross wind last Saturday). Haven't been game enough to tackle any twisties yet, although I can hear Wellington Rd and beyond calling.

I celebrated the milestone by performing a bit of maintenance on the bike. I changed the oil - making a huge mess on the garage floor as the oil gushed out when the sump plug finally came out, and cleaning and lubricating the chain.

Do you remember your first 1,000 km's?
  2. I changed my oil at around the 1000 k's of riding mark. I'm now up to almost 6000, must be about time to do it again I think.

Congrats on your first K guggle, it only gets more addictive from here. :D