Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

08 WR450 Wheel Alignment?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Browncoat, Oct 21, 2011.

1. I was out riding the other week with a mate and when we pulled up he was telling me that when he was behind me he could see clearly that my front wheel was out of alignment with the rear. It appeared to be staggered about an inch to the left.

Now I didnt put much credence in what he was saying thinking he was imagining it but yesterday I went out riding with another mate who has a 2010 WR450 and I followed him looking closely and it seemed he has the same alignment with the front wheel a little to the left of centre.. we swapped bikes and both of us are convinced that our bikes are the same with this weird alignment issue. The bikes ride fine and dont feel like there is an alignment problem.

Is this normal? designed into the WR450s for some reason?
  2. It's cause most guys doodles hang to the left.... so it counters the weight... true story
  3. could be many things. if you're riding on the dirt then the bike is probably sliding.

or the front wheel could be not fitted perfect.

or the chain adjusters might not be aligned right.