Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

08' GS500 need brake+clutch lever...

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' started by Widget, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Hi all, :cry:

Sooo I dropped my bike :( & managed to brake both clutch & brake levers :(. Wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a place that might sell (maybe OEM ?) levers ? :unsure:

Google seems to be mostly ebay hits, but the levers seem a bit pricy.. thought I read somewhere they can be had around $10 ea :\ ...

2. Where are ya located?
    Check to see if there's a motorbike wreckers near ya.
  3. Hey Madazz :), located in West Sydney. Didn't think to check wreckers, will do that today. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Try these guys:

Cash & Co Motorcycle Wreckers
    1/23 Kurrajong Rd, North St Marys NSW
    (02) 9623 3699
  5. When I had a GS500 a couple of years ago I got a brake lever from Weston's, Mulgoa rd at Penrith for a lot cheaper than Ebay ($10-$15)
  6. western motorcycles ? Might call around tomorrow and see what I get :)

7. How did you manage to break BOTH? Sounds like bad luck
  8. yup :( . Brake tip broke when hit the ground (brake still works). Clutch lever broke when I fell off (I was still holding on & pulled it up)...

I need to get a new lever bolt too.. had to cut it out as it appears thread was stripped (possibly from other replacement). Anyone know whether these bolts/screws are unique to the model/manufacturer.. or can I get them anywhere ?