Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

08 CBR 1K oil burning issues

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by something_wild, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Seems to be all over YouTube and other bike forums.
    Lots of stories of the current shape blade (seems to be mainly 08's) burning oil at a scary rate, some say not to worry while others say stay away. Anyone had direct experience with this issue?

Have my eye on an 08 atm, but thinking of crossing it off the list as I don't want to be spending big $$ on a rebuild on a relatively new bike with low km's any time soon!
    The bloke is selling after only 900km's and 4 months ownership. Bought it from a shop claiming 1 previous owner, no service records...sounds sus??

2. I've heard lots of the oil consumption stories, but as far as I'm aware it hasn't led to engine blow-ups.....
  3. I heard the same thing too. I'm not sure if this only happen mainly on 08 built. Mine is 09 built and have no problem at all. I just don't understand what happened to all those guys that have burning oil issue. Honda has been making hundred of thousand bikes for a very long time. I guess they know what they are doing when they are producing something. This what made me loving Honda til now.
  4. Honda can make f#ckups just as good as any other manufacturer.