Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

'07 Triump Daytona 675

Discussion in 'Showcase' at netrider.net.au started by Blaise, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Blaise submitted a new showcase item:

'07 Triump Daytona 675

Read more about this showcase item...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Beautiful bike Chris (y)

3. Great bikes. Youll see 160000km out of one. I know many mates in the uk who have done that much on them and more

4. #4 Blaise, Apr 20, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
    Thanks Lee.

I'd spent a good 6 months researching before I happened upon my baby. Test rode a number of 600's that felt somehow lacking and finally test rode the Daytona; case closed! Best of both worlds - plenty of power, great torque and kept under the 728cc threshold for the greenslip (last one was only 141 bucks). Conversely, the one for the Lancer wagon came in the other day at $542.

One mod I failed to mention was performed by my father. I had a small cut in my seat about 1cm long which (as you imagine) allowed water to enter the sponge. Days later, you'd still end up with a wet arse due to this so he decided to use some glue without my knowledge. Now I'm sure I had some wetsuit glue somewhere in my stuff but buggered if I could find it. His effort (although effective) has the appearance of a bird poop on the seat!

Not bothered much as I'll either get a gel seat or order a standard one from Speedy Net (eBay store in the UK) at a substantial saving over going to Triumph.

5. Ahhh good thinking.. and since they have an awesomely comfortable looking gel seat up for grabs for under $150.. why not?? (y)