Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

07 R6 sidestand warning light?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Boredunidude, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Hi guys, I bought an 07 R6 from someone a week ago. I remember when the side stand was down there was a yellow light on the dash, warning you that the side stand was lowered. But after I did my RWC that light was gone.

Does anyone know what's wrong and how to get the light back on again? I'm not sure whether the mechanics did any settings to turn it off. Everything else is fine. The engine still cuts off when I tried to change gear with the side stand down. Neutral light's working fine.

Thank you!

2. I would guess you are just unlucky and the dash globe has blown. Probably worth looking at first.
  3. i'm beginning to suspect that i hallucinated the existence of that light, because i can't seem to find it on the owner's manual. and couldn't find it being mentioned online. do you have an 06-10 R6 and where is that light located on the dash? Thanks
  4. I have a 08 R6, there is no such light
  5. I thought the warning when you side stand is down is the engine cutting out when your in gear...
  6. thanks goz. i must be confused....
  7. :rofl: Well I'm glad that's fixed then. ;)
  8. How the hell did that fix it? It's going to be infinitely more difficult to replace the globe now.
  9. lolololol

but yes, the safety feature is to cut the engine when in gear, all bikes should have it
  10. yep I too have an 07 R6 no such light when side stand is down!!
    Was it running when when you noticed the light on?? If so it was probably your neutral light!
  11. neutral is green, i was thinking fuel light or low oil light
  12. being a noob like me, sometimes its easy to confuse stuff. my cousin has a 1996 Honda Hornet and it has the yellow light when the side stand is down. Maybe i got too excited when i got my R6 and imagined that light.. LOL
  13. yep! Goz... neutral is green, my bad.] (*,)