Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

06 Yamaha Models

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by VtrElmarco, Sep 2, 2005.

1. Hello All,

I just found this on a great site called superbike.planet. This is the link below:

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2005/Sep/0501001yamaha.htm

So all of you with your slow arse 2005 R1 and R6's can now upgrade to the new ones :wink:

Can I please buy the trade in's?

I particularly dig the R1-LE in the funky yellow and black colours. You would have to grow some bad sideburns and get a set of leathers from the early 70's to fit the part.

Enjoy, discuss and flame! :D

2. I forgot to add that this is a very American based site. It does have great updates on Mat Mladen in the AMA series over there.

I would assume that we may not see these models in Australia exactly matching the colours in the article.

Start saving you pennies.

3. Sweet, Very nice. :)

4. I WANT a Kenny Roberts replica paint scheme bike!!!

5. Hmmm it looks like this year my main job will be repainting all the black R1's into the yellow R1's...

*all providing I get this spray booth happening!!

6. Mmmmm, not bad for Yamahas I guess!!!

:):):)

7. I'd be happy with one of the so-called R6S's. :D The question is, how cheap is cheap?

"The R6S offers the same combination of cutting-edge sporting prowess and real-world rideability as the 2005 R6, but for '06, Yamaha changed the name and, perhaps best of all, lowered the price.

The R6S will be offered in both Team Yamaha Blue/White and Edgar Allen Poe's favorite hue, Raven."