Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

'06 GSXR600 - Weird Fuel Injection problem

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by demo man, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Hey all,

So, I'm having a warning come on more and more frequently.

When I turn the key to 'on' and have the bike ready to start, where the temp is usually displayed 'FI' is, and the oil light stays on even after starting the bike.

Previously, this had only happened when I started the bike at over 90 degrees, and after speaking to a mechanic he thought it might be a glitch in the computer so just turning it off and on again should do it until I can figure out what's going on. And that has worked fine, almost never have any issues with this warning.

However, just recently (last few days) the warning has been coming on from cold too, so every-time I start. I have discovered that if I turn it off and back on at ~32 degrees it's fine though.

I'll take it to someone who knows what they're talking about (i.e. authorised dealer) asap, but anyone want to try and guess WTF is going on?

The manual says 'FI' is a Fuel Injection system warning. But what in that system would be effected by the temperature of the bike?

2. sounds like it could be something simple like an ECU sensor, but yeah I would be taking it someplace to make sure
  3. Let's hope so!
  4. Thanks mate, very useful.

So I'm dealing with an Oil pressure issue, possibly. fcuk, I think I'll just take it to the shop ASAP and get this all sorted out.

I also forgot to say - today I thought I may as well give it a bit while the light is on to see if anything is different - to begin with there was no difference, performance wise, handling, everything was the same.

However, pretty quickly I could smell a distinct burning smell - so I stopped immediately, but the smell had already gone and I couldn't figure out where it was coming from.

Not ideal....
  5. #7 CamKawa, Sep 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    Was it doing this?
    The problem was the Ford Territory key I had on my key ring was interfering with the immobilizer. Removing the Terries key solved the problem.