Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

05 R6 Headlight Bulb Type

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by timnkoo, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Hi guys, I'm sure someone will know FOR SURE what size headlights an 05 R6 uses. I am away from my bike now so I can't check myself. I have heard from others that 03/04 uses H4 and 06/07 uses H7- but I have no idea on the 05. So if you know for sure I would greatly appreciate you letting me know as I can't seem to find this info.

Cheers

2. Whatever happened to ringing up your local Yamaha dealer, asking for spare parts and asking them?

3. The spares guys get $500 for a six day week with predictable results on their product knowledge.

4. Just a note, the r6 has only one side of the lights working as "factory standard" when I asked Yamaha to get the others fixed/replaced they said it was a standard and couldn't fix them.

If these are the lights you are looking at “fixing†I would check with Yamaha before putting down some money to replace something not broken. Or talk to a non Yamaha mechanic and get him to install them so they work.

-Rhavin

5. The other side is high beam only.

6. Yeah thanks guys. I am looking at installing a HID kit, hence the reason for asking. It has been confirmed that they use h7 type bulbs for future reference for others. I will let you all know how I go regarding the HID install and maybe post up a DYI for it.

Cheers