Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

'04-'07 Fireblade Rear Seat Cowl

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by kmfdmr, Mar 30, 2012.

1. I've been looking around for one of these for a couple of weeks now, does anyone have any idea whether they were OEM by Honda or which are the best of the aftermarket ones to get?

Ebay has some very cheap (AUD $40-50) ones, but I'm not sure the colour will match - and I don't really like the dual vents.

Also I heard that the best ones to get were actually for the 600RR, but still fit the 1000RR? Any truth to that?

Thanks in advance.

2. The one i brought from ebay to suit my 04 600rr and it fit perfectly. Colour match was also great.

Sorry cant help with the fitting onto a 1000rr

3. I spent some time on the phone with Peter Stevens, who were pretty helpful. Apparently there are 6 OEM rear seat cowls in Aus left (they were discontinued at the start of the year by Honda), but they want $400.00 for them.. I'm not paying that. ;)

Might give Ebay a shot.

4. give ebay a go, especially ebayUSA. I have got all my after market bits and bobs for my 07 fireblade from the states. Refuse to pay the high prices here. Sadly we get ripped big time.