Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

02 gsxr how much?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by bushy, Apr 1, 2009.

1. hey guys
    long time reader first post :grin:
    One of my family friends is interested in selling his gsxr 750 2002 model
    It is in mint condition and has 20k km on it, it has a exhaust system on it (forget which one). tyres are at 60%, and it has a full years rego. I have had mixed reviews from everyone i know, about what price i should offer for it. I would seriously appreciate any help help from you guys.

2. around $8,000 - $8,500
  3. Thanks heaps bonk.
    has anyone ever ridden a 2002 model gsxr 750? would it be a good transition from a gpx 250??
  4. i picked up my 02 gsxr 600 with 20k on it in great condition and great tyres and a yoshi for 7000.

that was about 2 and a half years ago. there are great bikes out there if you are willing to wait and someone will always need to sell in a hurry.

i picked up my 04 zx10 in great condition with a micron and half years rego for 7.5 k

and as long as you respect the throttle hand and dont ride out of your limitations , you should be fine
  5. thanks mate,
    so pretty much just keep an eye out for a good bargain?
    ill keep looking then.
  6. I did exactly that transition and am loving the senfiddy. Takes some getting used to the extra "woohoo!" but they handle beautifully.

I paid less for mine, but it's a 2000 model with (much) higher ks.