Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

'01 RS250 woes

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Josh-RS250, Jul 10, 2006.

1. HAving trouble with my RS250. It doesnt want to start. If i havent ridden it for a while its almost impossible to start without push starting it. even just a few days after a ride, it just wont start.

ANy ideas?

2. Tried replacing the fuel? Also check the spark plugs, they could be fouled.
  3. There's a proper procedure for starting these things, and they're pretty fussy in their fuelling needs if they've been sitting around.

Someone on here posted it up once, I'm sure it'll turn up.
  4. The RS doesnt like to sit around much - not only does the fuel go south but the battery will also go flat. The kick start on the side is really just a decorative item - push starting is the way to go and very easy. One step is enough momentum to turn it over. If it has not been used for a while it will take a bit to get rid of the fuel in the carbs and lines which seems to go bad first. Once you get it started you may need to nurse it up to temperature. Once its running take it out for a good ride to charge the battery and get rid of the crappy fuel. Fill up with some premium from BP or Mobil (avoid shell) and it should be right again.

Let us know how you get on. Good luck!