Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

¿¿fork oil??

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by lord nykon, Oct 6, 2008.

1. I recently had my fork seals replaced due to one leaking.

And ever since then it hasn’t felt quite right it feels a lot softer then it was previously, at first I dismissed it assuming it was due to the fact that I had been riding around for a bit with a leaky seal which may have thrown my perception of what my suspension ust to be like...

Due to a few little complications (carbie’s mainly) I have had my bike off the road for about two months.
    I went for a bit of a long ride with a few mates yesterday and now I know for sure that there is something wrong...

I spoke to a few of my friends and one of them had a similar experience only there’s got a lot harder then it was before the new seals and oil, it was caused by having the wrong weight oil, so I am assuming that that is the issue with my bike also.

Can any one tell me the oil that should be used in a Honda CBR (single R) because I have lost all faith in the local Honda shop. Also if there is anything else that could cause the front suspension to be extremely soft.

Thanks any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. perhaps they were constantly bottoming out before, and now you have bouancy??
  3. I think as standard they often put in something like 5W or 7.5W - but every time I change for oil I go to 15W minimum and 20W if it's for a fat prick like me. I suggest you go for 15W.
  4. Insufficient oil perhaps...
    or maybe they thought they could cut costs and leave out the oil altogether.
  5. If they had done that, your forks would be forked by now.