'01 SV650s that I purchased recently for a pretty tidy sum ($3900).
Purchased with 36 000km on the odometer, bellypan fairing, fender eliminator, staintune pipe, bar ends and oggy knobs, tinted screen and LED indicators.
She hadn't really been ridden much and as a result she ran rough and didn't want to idle. However after sending a good tank of vortex through the carbies she cleared right up and now runs smooth and idles lovely.
Only purchases so far;
- DID 525 chain and new 525 sprockets
- Pilot road 3 tyres (OH MY GOD! brilliant)
- Oil / filter change.
I will probably give most of this a freshen up over time.
Planned modifications and money to spend;
- respray wheels blue with polished lip
- rad guard with new rad (they are cheap so its worthwhile)
- HEL braided brake lines
- CNC levers
- General super-service (major service and tune, including carbies)
- new fairings, original blue colour. While my fairings are in pretty decent condition, you can get they have been thrashed over time, aren't sitting well, and have a bit of damage. Will be going original style fairings, nil stickers, OEM blue to match with blue resprayed rims.
She is a daily rider, mostly for commuting. I love the handling on this bike with the new pilot road 3's. While it is not a sportbike, it has that confidence inspiring grip in the corners that you want.
My only gripe is that the suspension is a touch on the soft side.