Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders? Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.
Date: 2nd October 2016 Start: Albury End: Sydney Distance: 553km Total Distance: 3116km
Albury to Home
The morning dawned sunny! Typical, would have been nice to have sunny weather whilst in Victoria but we still had a great time. We left Albury and made the long trek home along the Hume.
We made a stop every 100km/hour just to relieve the sore bums and to have a break. At Gundagai we stopped to have a photo with the famous doggy.
From there it was more endless grey road until hornet turned off home near Murulan/Exeter and Sibi and myself made the last leg on our own.
It was a great trip despite a few wet days. Would do it again though plan it slightly differently.
1) Using the phone as a GPS was good with a couple of exceptions. The GPS tracker I was using initially kept locking up on the screen and the gloves don't work at the touchscreen which was annoying. The best GPS app I found was the TOMTOM app though they really need to add waypoints and route planning to make it perfect.
2) The Sena 20S unit stuffed up. The cradle gets very wet in the rain and I think it is dead as my mic stopped working. The unit worked fine when on Sabel's cradle but even hers was getting a good soaking which I found disconcerting.
3) The Legend SW-Motech Luggage was brilliant! Even though we got drenched a couple of times, my gear was never wet. Even between the luggage outer and the inner waterproof liner there was no noticeable water.
4) Next time I think I'd find a better way of backing up video files. Carrying the MacBookPro was a PITA. At one point I was resenting even having the cameras and having to carry all the battery chargers etc.
5) I only used ONE hair elastic chilliman64 hehehe
6) If you ever get to go on a long ride like this, I cannot recommend hornetenough as a travelling companion. He was great company, had lots of stories and really made the trip a blast.