There are 3 types of people in this world - those who can count, and those who can't.
I'm in the latter.
Sadistics... oh! how I don't like thee....
Love or hate them, we all have to use them every day. And as I found, the tighter you are, the better you become at swaying maths your way and becoming ‘economical’. If I can save $30 off by buying this in eBay, I can then buy my other piece of bling!! We've all been there, done that.
So here are some stats for those statisticians out there:-
Just under 4 months on the bike(s) No1 & No2, this is what it is:
- 118 days,
- 25,500kms (and still going),
- 37 different beds/baby cots/inflatable mattresses/mats/sofa beds/sofas,
- 3 states & 1 territory,
- -3 being the coldest (VIC), 22 degrees the warmest (Qld),
- 3 weeks out of action with the biggest cold/flue/chest infection I've ever had in my life! (damn you house with no heating!!)
- 37 ++ Net Riders met / ridden with,
- 9 'local' well-known mountains ridden & ticked off my bucket list,
- 1 missed (double booked) Tasmanian Ferry,
- 2 helmets,
View attachment 57986
- · 22kgs luggage,
- · 1 highly thumbed-through motorcycling atlas,
- 3 epic emotional releases,
- 100's hrs spent on NetRider web,
- 7 lyrebirds - ticked having seen this animal off my bucket list,
- 5 emus,
- 1 lost toolkit,
- 51 blog entries to date (and some were missing!),
- 3 bum-puckering moments when I encountered black ice / sleet / frost on the road for the first time...(you don't get this in Qld!)
- 3 (1 bike bag + 2 panniers),
- 3,278 photos on my phone taken,
- 2 days of FULL sunshine (or what it seemed like!),
- 1 dead skippy (Sorry Viccie!), & one noisy miner with a VERY large headache,
- · 3 other animal near-misses - a kangaroo, a cow & a deer,
- · 2 tubs of hot chocolate powder (a girl is allowed to have a bike portable food craving...)
- · 236 protein bars & 236 protein shakes,
- · $13 a day on average for fuel ($1,534),
- · $25.50 on average for food a day ($3,009),
- · $1,300 in extras due to skippy incident,
- · $150 average accommodation a week (about $2,400 total),
- · $600 worth of PROPER Melbournean Winter riding gear (none of this pathetic "winter" gold coast riding gear!),
- · $10 hot water bottle with fluffy cover - PURE GOLD!!
- · $1000 in misc (including public transport, national park fees, postage fees etc),
- · $900 in x2 bike services, and a set of new tyres,
- · undisclosed amount for bribes to NetRiders to say nice stuff about me on-line lol
For more financial stingy tips on long term touring, see: Financial mechanics of touring | Netrider - Australia's Best Motorcycle Community
- · New friendships.... priceless.
View attachment 57983