In honour of the member of our already small family who was tragically lost on Thursday evening, I have written my 20 Steps toward a Better Tomorrow ~ My Personal Truth and I vow to never waste another minute of precious life on things that do not matter:
20 STEPS TOWARD A BETTER TOMORROW ~ MY PERSONAL TRUTH ~ Diantra 2015
1. Be grateful and laugh
2. Do something nice for someone every day
3. Don't just think you about the people you love - tell them!
4. Eat veggies and fruit - break up with icecream and chocolate
5. Exercise - start using that gym membership
6. Spend quiet time over the beach every day - even if it's only 15 minutes
7. Sleep naked - it's good for your metabolism
8. Ride - every day. Get a little more daring every day and keep learning - read, watch, listen
9. Give yourself to work when there, give yourself to you when you're not
10. Keep your house, your room, your mind, your computer and your phone fresh - delete anything and everything that brings you down or makes you doubt how valuable you are
11. Love yourself as you are but always strive to be a better version
12. Stop spending to make up for what is lacking in your life - start saving for when it comes along so you can grab opportunity with both hands
13. Forgive and let go, others and yourself. I don't care how many f*** ups you've made, how much money you've lost, how different things could have been. We all have a back story, we've all made choices perhaps we should not have made. Own that sh** and let it go. You are still here, there is still time - say thank you for that one fact and move on.
14. Give up or moderate caffeine, cigarettes, carbs, dairy or anything that doesn't make you feel at your best, drink more water - listen to your body
15. Take risks and stare fear in the face - like if you fancy someone, tell them - what is the worst thing that can happen? They reject you? Are you any worse off? At least you know and you can move on. Better to have tried than not.
16. Do things you've always wanted to do and thought you couldn't or shouldn't or were to afraid to try
17. Start seeing and communicating with your family, make time to ring your mother, text or ring your daughter and keep telling them every day how much you love them
18. Always remain honest, with yourself and others. It may not be appreciated but you keep your integrity and if others aren't, open the door and let them go
19. Clean house - go through everything and get rid of what you don't need - give it to someone who does need it
20. Live and love as if there is no tomorrow - because there might not be
ABOVE ALL WHEN YOU WAKE UP, SAY THANK YOU ... DON'T COMPLAIN ... YOU'VE BEEN GIFTED THE CHANCE TO DO IT ALL AGAIN ... HOW F****** LUCKY ARE YOU!!!
My heart aches for those left behind and for the pain, suffering and shock they are enduring I did not know I had so many tears left in my body and I can think of no other way to honour him other than to try and make a bigger difference in my own life and in the lives of others.
I wasn't going to go to my training session in Elwood today given what had happened and how I was feeling but rightly or wrongly it made me feel better and I am ever so grateful to all who were so helpful ~ thank you!