1. Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

You appear to be browsing Netrider.net.au as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now

Yamaha XVS 650 Custom - 2011 Model - Vance & Hines

Discussion in 'Cruisers' started by TheBatman, Aug 31, 2012.

TheBatman

TheBatman

Thank you everyone for your help with this.

I am going for the V&H cruisers for my 650 custom (2011).

They are now pressuring me to install a 'jet kit' or similar that would look to modify the carbies to make sure it doesn't run 'lean'.

Did anyone else do this? Do i have to do it? They will rejet the bike for me, but apparently this is different?

Gobberwart
    Lurking

Gobberwart Nerdrider Premium Member

Motorbike(s):
    Yamaha VStar XVS650A Classic
    I've heard they're unnecessary, but please go first and let me know before I spend my own money :)
    Lazy Libran
    Cynical

Lazy Libran [ Anonymous ] Premium Member

Motorbike(s):
    Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom
    Re-jetting is an optional thing but from what I had read/heard - makes the whole exhaust system run smoothly. If you're spending a few hundred bucks on Vance & Hines, then might as well put in an extra $80-100 to get the re-jetting done as well.

Well..cake is good and sometimes the icing on the top makes it taste a little bit better. Not mandatory to have the icing but meh! :p
    phil01
    Veggedout

phil01 Member

Motorbike(s):
    xvs650a classic /rebel 250/ xvs 1100a
    i didnt bother with jets , doubt its running lean as i hardly have the choke on
    - i mean i shove it straight off after a few seconds, if it was lean it would not like it - bit of a guess and a few assumptions.
    but heck its just an exhaust pipe / muffler change essentially sif rejetting was ever done on a car after a new muffler - pre EFI
    Jamie17

Jamie17

Motorbike(s):
    Yamaha virago 250 2005, Yamaha xvs 650 custom
    Hey Bats,

Did the part number for your bike work? I have also been struggling on this topic as my bike is the same as yours. I emailes Vance and Hines and they replied with "unknown". Help on how you went would be very much appreciated.

Jamie
    Jay77
    Yeehaw

Jay77 Premium Member

On my old XVS I was advised unless I was upgrading the air filter also, the exhaust would be fine on its own
    It was