1. Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

You appear to be browsing Netrider.net.au as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now

Where to buy a new Yamaha? (prefer SA)

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by Fredbear, Mar 30, 2011.

Fredbear

Fredbear

I'm looking at buying a new yamaha (tenere 660). I am happy to service myself later on, or at least find a "qualified" mechanic if it means keeping warranty initially, but I thought I should find a good dealer to buy from in case of warranty issues like the guys in japan/italy putting it together wrong or something.

Anyhow I started to search forums for recommendations.
    Wow a lot of unhappy campers out there!! I suspect it maybe a case of only bad stories getting told.

Sure I'd like a great deal on the purchase, but I rather find a dealer that will offer support if $%&* happens and a bearing falls apart or a $10,000 electronic blackbox dies etc.

But it seems I might be looking for 'unobtainum' here in SA. If someone can recommend a Yammy dealer in SA great, or if not are there any good dealers in Vic or similar distance? that do a good deal, but also offer support if needed.

TIA for any recommendations.

PS maybe a thread with *** Positive *** experiences - maybe for each state - for newbikes / 2nd hand / parts / service / warranty etc list those that have gone above & beyond the minimum, would be good to have on here?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Technical and Troubleshooting Torque Yamaha 79 rd250, 81 xs250 parts? Where to get mikuni carbs? May 14, 2011
    Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts Team FIAT-Yamaha Pit-shirts . . . anyone know where to buy ? Jul 22, 2009
    Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions Where can i buy a Yamaha SR400? Apr 21, 2008
    Businesses and Service Providers Where to get clamps for lights? Apr 17, 2014
    Bling and Appearance where to buy Yoshi Heat Shield for a CBR1000RR Apr 14, 2014