1. Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

You appear to be browsing Netrider.net.au as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now

Traditional streetfighter- Rebuilding a stacked sportsbike

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Mahoney, Apr 15, 2012.

dgmeister

dgmeister Member

Motorbike(s):
    former child genius
    litre sport bikes look so mean when you can see the engine is bigger than the rider

raven
    Cynical

raven You're kidding, Right!? Premium Member

Motorbike(s):
    S1000rr
    Chef, I hear ya mate. I understand where you're coming. I truly do. And for the most part, I'm attracted to a bit of animal in a bike. And I like a bike with some mongrel character. Not just a sh!theap with no fairings.

What sh!ts me is that I tell a guy that removing fairings from a superbike, doesn't make it anything but a superbike with no fairings. That he should look at lowering the gearing by some sprocket mixes, and get the bike dyno'd and tuned so there is more punch down low and in the mid range, so it's better suited to it's street fighter role, and that a bikini fairing will help with high speed wind pressures.
    Somhow that makes me some kinda non purist wanker.

Well I don't buy that purist bullsh!t. I ride for the bike. Not the bugs, wind, rain on my chest. They can have that!

I'm done here.
    Takamii
    Inspired

Takamii HTFU - Wear RHOK ! Vendor

Motorbike(s):
    2004 Yamaha R1, 2013 KTM 450 EXC Supermoto
    Okay but do they have TRON wheels ? huh huh ? :p
    2Loud

2Loud Member

Motorbike(s):
    Tiller
    Its probably the same for other bikes, but the TL has some nice mod guides that others have done and share on the internet. There are a couple of people that make some billet aluminium parts and do group buys.

I think if you're doing a streetfighter its more visually appealing and "tougher"' to have a v-twin (my opinion). To do a real good job its a lot of work though, and you might need to fabricate parts, as well as cut, sand, weld, etc your bike's frame. Do share progress pics if it goes ahead.