1. Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

You appear to be browsing Netrider.net.au as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now

Shift Kicker Shoe

Discussion in 'Boots' started by JXD, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Offline

JXD
    Horny

JXD Premium Member

Motorbike(s):
    CBR1000RR
    [​IMG]

I recently purchased a pair of Shift Kicker shoes as I ride to uni daily.
    I didn't want to ride unprotected at the feet nor feel uncomfortable in boots all day.

For the price ($179 from Motoheaven) I was very happy. Considering the average price for quality shoes these days, I feel the RRP of the Shift Kickers to be very reasonable.

On the bike - Although it doesn't offer the best protection as $500 boots, the feel when riding is sensational, the strengthened rubber toes don't allow me to feel naked and get sore feet from shifting constantly (even after hours of riding) as I would with an ordinary shoe and the lightweight construction and low cuts keeps me comfortable and looking fine.

The downside to the shoe is that it isn't waterproof to certain extents. I've ridden through rain with them on and I don't feel or notice the water getting in until I take them off (this could just be sweat however).

Off the bike - walking in these shoes are like walking in any other shoe.. If you wear all your shoes properly that is.. If you're anything like me and never tie laces and wear shoes so they slip on and slip off it may take getting used to which happens real fast. I study in the city and walk all day between classes. I've never been irritated in these and being typically late for class, running in the Shift Kickers is comparable to running in black leather work boots so they're definetly a no go for gym (unless you only indulge in weights).

Looks wise - I actually get more compliments than I thought I would; even from people who didn't realize they were for riding. They tend to go with most things I wear and depending on the draggins i wear for the day can look like bball shoes or skate shoes.

I would recommend these to anyone who rides daily and does not have the space or time to change into a casual shoe after. They are comfortable and are easy to on/off. Also perfect for just running down to the shops.

I would not recommend them for track use or long winter rides.

I hope this helps in your decisions in a new casual riding shoe. Feel free to ask any questions :) This is my first review (ever) so go easy :p
  2. Offline

tc2233

tc2233 Premium Member

Motorbike(s):
    2011 Triumph Tiger 800
    Nice review JXD, thanks for taking the time to write it up and share!
  3. Offline

Takamii
    Inspired

Takamii HTFU - Wear RHOK ! Vendor

Motorbike(s):
    2004 Yamaha R1, 2013 KTM 450 EXC Supermoto
    I like this style alot
  4. Offline

matti-san

matti-san Premium Member

very cool, if you must wear non biking boots then this is good alternative. I has a pair of BMW sneakers which I loved bu they may be a bit old man for uni!
  5. Offline

Cam89

Cam89 Premium Member

Motorbike(s):
    Ducati Monster 400
    I just picked up a pair of these in black

[​IMG]

Very handy- means I can possibly wear them to work. Still wearing them in at the moment but they are very comfortable to wear around.

On the bike they seem fantastic, but I'm going to have to adjust my gear lever, as it's a squeeze getting the boot inbetween the footpeg and lever to shift up.

Very nice price too.
  6. Online

KANGA
    Bored

KANGA Premium Member

Motorbike(s):
    2010 ZX6R/2003 KTM 640 Supermoto
    I'm thinking about getting a pair of these. I have quite a wide foot though. How do they go size wise?
  7. Offline

JXD
    Horny

JXD Premium Member

Motorbike(s):
    CBR1000RR
    They'd be good for wide feet.. i have narrow feet and I have to tighten it to get it to snug fit.

I've now got 2 pairs =]
  8. Offline

kneedragon

kneedragon Premium Member

Motorbike(s):
    Kawasaki ZX14
    Thanks for that JXD.
  9. Online

KANGA
    Bored

KANGA Premium Member

Motorbike(s):
    2010 ZX6R/2003 KTM 640 Supermoto
    awesome sounds perfect, thank JXD much appreciated.
    Love this place :)
  10. Offline

pow3r

pow3r Member

Motorbike(s):
    '93 Across
    i grabbed a pair of these today, they're not the easiest to fit between the footpeg and gearshift, might look at adjusting some part of that.

apart from that i like the shoes, and will probably get a pair in black to alternate.
  11. Offline

shonofear

shonofear Premium Member

Motorbike(s):
    VTR250
    also joined the club with a pair of black n whites for $130- NZ bucks
    just gotta were them in like any other shoe then there sweet as.
    more confidence on the bike as i know these will have a harder time coming off compared to my general sneakers.
  12. Offline

abaaron

abaaron

Buy MBT Trainers Shoes With Best Prices UP to 60% OFF, Big Collections of 2011 New Styles, Fast Delivery, Free Shipping. MBT shoes clearance from us today for a better deal, Reliable and professional MBT Shoes website where you can buy discount mbt shoes.