1. Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

You appear to be browsing Netrider.net.au as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now

RS Taichi CE Stealth Motorcycle Knee Guard

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by NSSherlock, Jan 13, 2012.

NSSherlock
    No Mood

NSSherlock Premium Member

Motorbike(s):
    '94 Kawasaki Zephyr ZR550 B4, Ikon Progressive Fork Springs
    I bought a pair of these from Motorcycle Race Gear ( http://www.motorcycleracegear.com.au/RS-Taichi-CE-Stealth-Motorcycle-Knee-Guard-TRV038.html ) after not being particularly happy with the way zip-in knee guards moved around in Kevlar jeans. My preference was to go with something that attached to my body, was relatively comfortable and could be worn under jeans. So far, I'm happy with these knee guards.

Fit and comfort: These slide up over your foot and over your knee and fit snugly by means of the elastic spandex sleeve. They are held more securely in place by means of a Velcro strap at the bottom. I ordered the large size and the Spandex felt a little tight at first but soon felt comfortable. They fit snugly and it doesn't take long to barely notice you have them on.
    The small form factor means that my Kevlar Jeans slide easily over them. I'd say the form factor is so low that you could wear them under just about any jeans or riding pants.
    These are lightweight and comfortable enough to leave on if you wish and they'd be hardly noticeable.
    It is possible to remove them from under jeans as long as you remove your boot first.
    It may be possible to fit them with jeans on but doing up the Velcro Strap would be awkward.
    They breathe exceptionally well and don't move around at all in general use including walking around with them on.

Protection These have the "soft" CE armour. It should offer some protection but compromises protection for comfort and "stealth". I'd consider the same brand with the "harder" CE armour. The soft CE armour covers my knee reasonably well. The lower portion of the protector offers the greater protection and my kneecap is covered by the top section. I could probably use just a little more protection coming down the sides a bit more in the top section of the guard. Maybe my huge knobby knees are part of the problem.

The CE insert is removable and the Spandex holder is washable.

All-in-all a good buy.

[​IMG]

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Parts, Accessories, and Apparel for Sale RS Taichi Leather Jacket, Alpinestar GP Tech Gloves, Interphone F5 Bluetooth Mar 31, 2014
    Motorcycling News RS Taichi RSS006 Drymaster Shoes Review Mar 31, 2014
    Everything Else RS Taichi Heat Generator Inner Gloves Jul 28, 2013
    Parts, Accessories, and Apparel for Sale RS Taichi Motion Leather Jacket - US 44 Jul 6, 2013
    Parts, Accessories, and Apparel for Sale RS taichi GMX-motion leather jacket Jun 16, 2013

Motorcycleracegear

Motorcycleracegear Vendor

Motorbike(s):
    Honda Cbr 1000
    Thank you for the review :)
    Jeworge

Jeworge Premium Member

Motorbike(s):
    Limited CBR600RR '07
    Thanks didn't know these were available, I'll take a look.
    ajiribarren

ajiribarren Premium Member

Motorbike(s):
    Husky Nuda 900
    I have a pair too. Really comfortable for daily riding!

I've had trouble in the past finding a good pair of knee guards to wear under normal riding jeans that aren't uncomfortable after 30 mins on the bike. I've had the Icon FieldArmour, the Knox Knee Guard and this RS Taichi. By far, the Rs Taichi are the most comfortable ones. I can wear them all day long without any discomfort whatsoever. The close second would be the Knox Knee guards, but they are hard armour and a little bit cumbersome to be walking around in them all day. The Icons were a torture to wear (I'm not a skinny lad) and I ended giving them away to a mate.

For daily riding the RS Taichi are superb! And you can wash them too (armour is removable). On more spirited rides I go with the Knox guards.

Cheers
    MRZ

MRZ Premium Member

Motorbike(s):
    Honda VTR250
    I have a pair too. I like the softness of it rather than hard pastic type and you don't feel it there when riding. My one sometimes slides down a little, probably expected since the strech material gets stretched out. On hot days it was fine with jeans didn't notice it any warmer while wearing it.