1. Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

You appear to be browsing Netrider.net.au as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now

Perfect Weather! Who else took advantage?

Discussion in 'Roads and Touring' started by Lugo, May 8, 2012.

Lugo
    Daring

Lugo Premium Member

Motorbike(s):
    2013 Ducati 848 Evo, 2012 Kawasaki ER-6N
    Considering I've had a pretty crappy weekend and start to the week I decided to pull the trusty GS out of the garage today in light of the beautiful sunny day we've had here in Melb. Nothing like getting out on the road with no real purpose but to enjoy the weather taking my time and remaining determined not to get frustrated with anything or anyone who might get in my way.

Made the decision to jump on the eastern and hit Eastlink all the way down to Frankston, where I made my way through town onto the Nepean down to Mornington. Made my way down Main St in Mornington down to the esplanade, to follow the windy roads down the coast into Dromana, where I made my first stop for a breather at one of the piers.

Took off from there and rolled on down to Rye for a bit of a look-see. Then came back up the Peninsula to what seems to be a fishing spot between McCrae and Dromana for a drink before making the trip back home again before peak hour settled in too much.

240km later I'm feeling much more relaxed than I was at the start of the day, love this little 2 wheeled machine!

Who else took advantage of Victoria's lovely weather today?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    General Motorcycling Discussion [VIC] Perfect Riding Weather Again This Week - Ride Safe Oct 7, 2010
    Bikes for Sale 2012 YAMAHA YZF - R15 - Perfect LAMS bike or Commuter Today at 11:55
    Motorcycling News Styke Slams Home Serco's Perfect MX Nats Season Sep 2, 2013
    Motorcycling News BMW Motorrad RR Experience Tracks Perfectly Jun 27, 2013
    The Pub The perfect game Apr 10, 2013

peter-reebok

peter-reebok Premium Member

Motorbike(s):
    Ducati 1100
    Went for a ride thru the dandenongs, but it was tempered by the idiotic traffic restrictions.

Seems an 80 kmh limit means you should drive at 60-70 kmh ( to be safe you know)

Similarly to all other speed limits.

But you cant let someone pass you can you, that would be polite wouldnt it!

The rest of the way was under 40 kmh restrictions because they were working in one 20 m stretch, so you have to shut down 5 km of road.

Just gave up and went home. Interestingly enough, in 40 kmh areas near schools,or shops, i was the only vehicle doing anything like 40, was being passed left right and centre!
    andrewd

andrewd Member

Motorbike(s):
    helicopter
    Had a fantastic ride around the bay with a couple of workmates, best riding day this year, conditions were great!
    Heli
    Amused

Heli Premium Member

Motorbike(s):
    K1600GT
    Lovely day, nice ride, and lunch with SWMBO.

Then washed the Grey Ghost for the first time in weeks and got some sun at the same time =D>
    HB
    Curious

HB Goonie Mum Premium Member

Motorbike(s):
    Virago, Bolt r-spec
    Stop bragging

The closest I got was lunch at South Wharf.......and I walked there.
    MMMTS
    Buzzed

MMMTS 40 Years Experience Vendor

Motorbike(s):
    Five of the worlds fastest motorcycles
    I did a 340k trip out to the highlands out north, fantastic weather, excellent roads, even discovered some new roads I hadn't been on before.....top day.
    ageg

ageg Premium Member

Motorbike(s):
    Honda Spada
    I got to work for the whole day :(... Got to come home, make dinner, shower, clean up, watch master chef with the wife, put little 1 down for sleep then quickly jump on the bike and go for a biff for 40 minutes then home and bed lol.... Definitly no beach cruises for me today :(
    Dan.adl

Dan.adl Premium Member

Motorbike(s):
    2008 Yamaha fz6n
    Top day in SA as well.
    Took one last chance to ride Bull Creek before the speed limit drops to 80. But I cut the fun short after the 5th police speed check.
    5 times in two hours means they are out to get me.
    But aside from that, awesome day.
    Rennsport

Rennsport Premium Member

Motorbike(s):
    1992 BMW R100RS
    Great weather in Sydney area. Went for the Putty run. Lots of bikes out on the road. Terrific.
    Benny Boy
    Relaxed

Benny Boy Premium Member

Motorbike(s):
    Boulevard M90
    Brissy area was awesome, went down to Byron Bay. Even the dolphins were enjoying the weather.
    2Loud

2Loud Member

Motorbike(s):
    Tiller
    Took?
    Still taking advantage. Good weather all up the coast. Did a couple mods on the Saturday and riding every day this week. More clear sky and dry roads forecast!!
    Lugo
    Daring

Lugo Premium Member

Motorbike(s):
    2013 Ducati 848 Evo, 2012 Kawasaki ER-6N
    Jealous of your ability to keep taking advantage. Rain is all that seems to be forcast for Melbourne now. Today was a beauty of a day but had to commute across town for work with a colleague in the car, just not the same! Shattered really.